Find your Pre-lambing supplies from your local Cox Rural store for optimal lamb production.
Find your local Cox Rural store here
Annual booster of Glanvac6S B12: Clostridial disease protection + Se + B12
- Pulpy kidney
- Black disease
- Black leg
- Malignant oedema
Benefit of selenium is especially important when green feed is scarce, as dietary Se is most sourced from green feed;
- Selenium is necessary for normal growth of animals, acts as an antioxidant neutralising toxic substances in the body.
- Selenium deficiency is widespread throughout Australia
Selenium is critical for rams prior to joining for sperm production.
- Se is critical for ewes in mid-late pregnancy to ensure adequate levels for the growing foetus.
Vitamin B12 depends on cobalt from pasture and soil. Cobalt deficiency is associated with sandy coastal soil types, typically limestone country.
- Pregnant ewes, lambs and weaners have an increased demand for vitamin B12.
- Vit B12 deficiency in ewes can put them at increased risk of reduced lambing percentages, poor weight gains in sucker lambs, and increased risk of metabolic disease (preg tox) in ewes, as well as reduced wool production and infertility.
- Vaccination of ewes with vit B12 one month prior to laming increases vit B12 stored in the liver of the unborn lamb, and ensures that higher levels are present in the ewe’s colostrum.
This will protect them in the first vulnerable weeks of their life, before receiving their first vaccination at marking time.
Glanvac 6Sb12 and Glanvac6 also offer protection against cheesy gland, a common bacterial disease in sheep. Cheesy gland is highly contagious and can decrease clean fleece weight, as well as potentially result in condemnations at the abattoir. Cheesy gland is untreatable, and can only be prevented through vaccination.
Eryvac vaccinated ewes can receive their annual booster dose 4 weeks prior to lambing. Previously unvaccinated ewes can receive their initial dose 8 weeks prior to lambing, and their booster dose 4 weeks prior to lambing.
- Eryvac provides protection against Erysipelas arthritis.
- Vaccination of ewes is required to pass on passive immunity to lambs, to protect them in the vulnerable period prior to lamb marking.
Lambs who are prospective replacement ewes (i.e. not terminal lambs) should be vaccinated with Eryvac to prevent Erysipelas arthritis.
Startect is the newest class of sheep drench and to be released in combination for improved sustainability by managing resistance better.
- Startect is the first new class of drench to be released in combination to better protect itself against resistance from the beginning.
- Startect combines derquantel (10 mg/mL), a revolutionary new active ingredient, with the established potency of abamectin (1 mg/mL).
- Unlike all classes before it, derquantel won’t be exposed as a single-active drench meaning resistance will be significantly delayed.
For the control and treatment of internal parasites of sheep including those with single or dual resistance to macrocyclic lactones (including moxidectin resistant strains), benzimidazoles or imidazothiazoles (levamisole / morantel).
Also provides a selenium and cobalt supplement for sheep raised in selenium and/or cobalt deficient areas.
- Reliable broad-spectrum parasite control
- Proven and stable formulation
- Potent triple-active combination, with the power of abamectin
- Provides a full dose of 3 short acting ingredients – to help delay resistance
- Includes selenium and cobalt supplements
Q-drench is a short acting, 4 way combination sheep drench. Q-drench contains 4 actives with 4 different modes of action at 4 fully effective doses. Q-drench is the ideal choice for strategic treatments such as weaning, pre-lambing, quarantine, primer and exit drenches which rely on the highest possible efficacy to achieve their aims.
- 4 actives with 4 different modes of action in every dose
- Ideal for strategic drenching programs
- Delays development of resistant worm strains
- Made in Australia for Australian conditions
- Cost effective, broad spectrum worm control
DO YOU WANT GREATER SURVIVAL RATES AND MORE KG’S OF LAMB?
Optimise ewe performance for maximum lamb output by addressing essential requirements with TPM Flock Boost LAMBING.
Designed as a high density all-in-one mineral supplement that optimises uptake of key nutritional components TPM Flock Boost LAMBING is available in an easy to use loose lick powdered formulation with weather resistant qualities.
TPM Flock Boost LAMBING is specifically designed to meet the nutritional challenges specifically caused from the stress of lambing and lactating, to increase both ewe and lamb productivity performance to achieve more kilograms of lamb produced.
Specifically formulated for pre-lambing and lactating ewes. Can also be fed to lambs.
Rod’s Ewe & Lamb block is specifically formulated for the transition period from average pasture to lush feeding for Pre- Lambing and Lactating Ewe’s.
This specialty block is also designed to improve smooth muscle function during lambing and to aid the lactating ewe. Elevated nutrient levels found in Rod’s Ewe and Lamb block are also beneficial to the growing lamb.
Speak with your local Cox Rural team to discuss the right pre-lambing supplies for you.